A free basic worsted weight sock pattern for toe-up socks, knit one– or two-at-a-time, using Magic Loop. This is the pattern I use to teach sock-knitting to first-time sock-knitters, and they always get great results.
- Sizes: Small/Medium, Medium/Large
- Finished Measurements: To fit foot circumference: 7(8) inches
- Yarn: 180 yds worsted-weight yarn. If working two socks at one time, you’ll need two separate balls of yarn.
- Needles: 1 pair circular needles, 47" for two-at-a-time, 40-47" for one-at-a-time
- Needle size: US 7 (4.5 mm) or size required to get gauge (4.5 sts/in)
- Notions: Stitch markers, scissors, tapestry needle
- 4.5 sts/in in St st
Liat, THANK YOU for the classes on Magic Loop and Toe-Up, Two-at-a-Time socks. I'm knitting the gussets of my socks now, and so far the knitting has been a breeze! I practiced the Magic Loop as instructed in your videos, then braved the toe-up socks class. It took several tries just to knit the first row after casting on. Judy's Magic Cast-on was a breeze, but keeping that last stitch on, even after twisting the tail around the working yarn, was a lesson in extreme patience!; but once I got it, I was off & knitting!
I started my first toe-up socks yesterday midday and just couldn't put them down, I was thrilled that I'd learned something so unexpectedly special.
Thank you for teaching this old puppy new tricks!
– Leila S., Email