Two-Color Basic Brioche Hat
This basic Brioche hat is great for learning two-color brioche in the round. It features a no-roll brim that uses the Chinese Waitress Cast-On. The hat is reversible with perfect overlapping decreases at the crown.
- Sizes: One size
- Finished Measurements: Finished size: 8 in. deep, 18 1/2 in. around unstretched. Stretches to fit a head up to 23 in. around.
- Yarn Weight: Aran (8 wpi)
- Yarn: 55 yds. (50 m) aran- or worsted-weight yarn in two colors DC (dark color) and LC (light color).
- Recommended Yarn: 55 yds. (50 m) Malabrigo Twist
- Needles: 2 pairs circular needles, 40-47 inches
- Needle size: US size 7 (4.5 mm) and 5 (3.75 mm)
- Notions: Measuring tape, tapestry needle, scissors
Shown: Blue and Green Hat: Malabrigo Twist in Lettuce (37) (DC) and Teal Feather (412) (DC); Red and Blue Hat: Malabrigo Twist in Stonechat (173) (LC) and Azul Profundo (150) (DC).
Recommended Course: Color Knitting
Without venturing into and mastering the world of color-knitting, you deprive yourself of the ability to knit the word's most striking designs. Patterned two-and-three-color sweaters (called Fair-Isle) are a classic project, and Brioche's stunning stripes are quickly becoming the knitting world's most popular challenge.
In addition, knitting with two and three colors teaches you tension skills that will improve every area of your knitting. Our four color-knitting courses take you from doubting your ability to even hold onto two yarns at once to being a practiced color-knitter ready to take on eye-popping single- and double-sided designs.
Recommended Course: Brioche Knitting
Brioche knitting is complicated. One-color, two-color, decreasing... and all those weird abbreviations!
Luckily, it is well within your abilities to knit Brioche, flat and in-the-round, with ease. By following along with the videos and exercises in this course, you'll be amazed at what you create.
Published December 11, 2018
Last Updated: June 15, 2019 - Current Version: 3.1
Update notes: Fixed decreases.