“It’s Time to Knit!” Leftover Sock Yarn Wall Clock Pattern
When I couldn’t find the perfect wall clock anywhere, I decided to knit my own.
Thank you to all of the Ravelers who requested this pattern - here you go!
Yes, this clock really works. It’s made using a clock movement from Michael’s craft store.
You need three colors of scrap sock yarn and some nail polish or paint to paint the clock hands. The numbers are duplicate-stitched on, and you don’t have to weave in ANY ends.
- Sizes: One size
- Finished Measurements: 8.5 inches in diameter
- Yarn Weight: Fingering (14 wpi)
- Yarn: Fingering-weight yarn in three colors: MC, CC1, and CC2
- Needles: 1 pair circular needles, 40-47"
- Needle size: or size required to get gauge (7 sts/in)
- Notions: Scissors, tapestry needle, Purchased clock parts (find at Michael’s, ~ $7.00), A flat piece of cardboard, cut into a 7.5-inch-diameter circle, A flat piece of cardboard, cut into a 1/2-inch ring with an inner diameter of 7.5 inches and an outer diameter of 8.5 inches, Nail polish or paint to match CC2, Fabric glue
- 7 sts/in in St st
Shown: Scraps of Shibui Sock
Recommended Course: Charts Demystified
Charts are full of symbols that can be confusing and hard to remember. But they also allow you to knit complex patterns easily. With over 7 hours of video, our Charts Demystified video class teaches you everything you need to know about knitting from knit-and-purl, lace, cable, Fair-Isle, Intarsia, double-knitting, duplicate stitch, and Mosaic charts so that you can approach any charted pattern with confidence.
Related Blog Post: It’s Time To Knit! Knitted Clock PatternBy Liat Gat – Founder / New Patterns / September 16, 2010 / 30 Comments
When I couldn’t find the perfect wall clock anywhere, I decided to knit my own! Thank you to all of the Ravelers who requested this pattern. Knit with fingering-weight yarn. The numbers are added with duplicate stitch. 10 years later, this is still my favorite wall clock.Read Post »
Published July 16, 2018
Last Updated: October 4, 2021 - Current Version: 3.3
Update notes: Added free video for duplicate stitch and Kitchener in the round