Beginner Toe-Up Sock with a Fleegle Heel – Aran Weight
A free basic worsted weight sock pattern for toe-up socks, knit one– or two-at-a-time, using Magic Loop and the Fleegle heel. This is the pattern I use to teach sock-knitting to first-time sock-knitters, and they always get great results.
- Sizes: Small, Medium, Large
- Finished Measurements: To fit foot circumference: 7(8) inches
- Yarn Weight: Aran (8 wpi)
- Yarn: 180 yds aran/heavy-worsted-weight yarn. If working two socks at one time, you’ll need two separate balls of yarn.
- Needles: 1 pair circular needles, 47" for two-at-a-time, 40-47" for one-at-a-time
- Needle size: US 8 - 5 mm or size required to get gauge (4.5 sts/in)
- Notions: Stitch markers, scissors, tapestry needle
- 4.5 sts/in in St st
Recommended Course: August 2022 Toe-Up Socks Knitalong – Free With Purchase!
Recommended Course: Toe-Up, Two-at-a-Time Socks
Knitters who want to knit their first pair of socks have so many options that they get overwhelmed and don't know where to start.
We eliminate that confusion with a no-fail method for perfect-fitting beginner socks and help you discover that confident knitter inside you who is ready to take on new challenges at every turn.
Related Free Knitting Patterns:
Published July 31, 2022
Last Updated: July 31, 2022 - Current Version: 1.0