Top-Down Socks – Beginner Magic Loop – Worsted
Worsted-weight top-down socks for beginners. Written for one- or two-at-a-time on Magic Loop.
- Sizes: Small/Medium, Medium/Large
- Finished Measurements: To fit foot circumference: 7(8) inches
- Yarn Weight: Worsted (9 wpi)
- Yarn: 180 yds worsted-weight yarn. If working two socks at one time, you’ll need two separate balls of yarn.
- Needles: 1 pair circular needles, 47" for two-at-a-time, 40-47" for one-at-a-time
- Needle size: US 7 - 4.5 mm or size required to get gauge (7 sts/in)
- Notions: Stitch markers, scissors, tapestry needle
- 7 sts/in in St st
Recommended Course: Top-Down Socks, Two-at-a-Time
Knitting two-at-a-time socks is the coolest trend in knitting right now. Never suffer from second-sock syndrome again.
Once you learn the technique of knitting socks on Magic Loop, you'll want to make everything in the round two-at-a-time, whether it's sweater sleeves, socks, or mittens.
Published July 11, 2018