Beginner Toe-Up Sock with a Fleegle Heel – Worsted Weight
A free basic worsted weight sock pattern for toe-up socks, knit one– or two-at-a-time, using Magic Loop and the Fleegle heel. This is the pattern I use to teach sock-knitting to first-time sock-knitters, and they always get great results.
- Sizes: Small, Medium, Large
- Finished Measurements: To fit foot circumference: 7(8, 9) inches
- Yarn Weight: Worsted (9 wpi)
- Yarn: 220 yds worsted-weight yarn. If working two socks at one time, you’ll need two separate balls of yarn.
- Needles: 1 pair circular needles, 47" for two-at-a-time, 40-47" for one-at-a-time
- Needle size: US 7 - 4.5 mm or size required to get gauge (5 sts/in)
- Notions: Stitch markers, scissors, tapestry needle
- 5 sts/in in St st
Recommended Course: August 2022 Toe-Up Socks Knitalong – Free With Purchase!
Recommended Course: Toe-Up, Two-at-a-Time Socks
Knitters who want to knit their first pair of socks have so many options that they get overwhelmed and don't know where to start.
We eliminate that confusion with a no-fail method for perfect-fitting beginner socks and help you discover that confident knitter inside you who is ready to take on new challenges at every turn.
Related Free Knitting Patterns:
Related Blog Post: Everything You Need To Know About The Fleegle HeelBy Liat Gat – Founder / Heels, Socks, Toe-Up Socks / August 24, 2012 / 116 Comments
In December of 2006, a blogger known as Fleegle changed the knitting world when she published a no-holes toe-up heel formula on her blog. Since I discovered the Fleegle Heel, I’ve been making videos showing how to do it, writing patterns that use it, and helping the whole world learn to knit it.Read Post »
Related Blog Post: How to Knit Toe-Up SocksBy Liat Gat – Founder / Toe-Up Socks / September 9, 2010 / 12 Comments
Toe-up socks are the hottest thing in knitting right now. You have to learn a lot of new skills in order to do them, and that can be hard to do on your own.Read Post »
Published July 11, 2018
Last Updated: August 19, 2022 - Current Version: 1.1
Update notes: Minor formatting