Double-Sided Man Hat
When designing a hat for my man, I tried to think of the perfect brim. While ribbed brims are ok and rolled brims are certainly girly, the best brim was an invisible folded edge.
To make this comfty hat with an invisible brim, you cast on at the brim with a provisional cast-on and knit two hats, one tucked inside the other.
The hat is made with self-striping sock yarn.
- Sizes: One size
- Finished Measurements: 7 in. deep x 20 in. around. Stretches to fit a head 21-23-in. in diameter.
- Yarn Weight: Fingering (14 wpi)
- Yarn: 350 yds fingering- weight self-striping sock yarn such as Trekking, Hunterwazzer, or Opal.
- Needles: 1 pair circular needles, 40-47"
- Needle size: US 5 - 3.75 mm or size required to get gauge (6 sts/in)
- Notions: Scissors, tapestry needle, waste yarn
- 6 sts/in in St st
Shown: Opal sock yarn
Recommended Course: Magic Loop Knitting
As wonderful and efficient as it is, Magic Loop knitting can be confusing when you try it the first time. There are a lot of tricks you can learn in order to avoid common difficulties and frustrations that you shouldn't have to learn by trial and error.
Our Magic Loop video course gets you comfortable with Magic Loop knitting so that you can easily knit anything in the round on Magic Loop.
Published July 17, 2018
Last Updated: - Current Version: 1.5