Super-Bulky Toe-Up Socks – A Fast, One-Skein Project
Here is a free basic beginner super bulky sock pattern for toe-up socks, one– or two-at a time, using Magic Loop.
You can seriously knit these socks in one day, and one skein of Malabrigo Rasta will just be enough!
- Sizes: Small/Medium, Medium/Large
- Finished Measurements: To fit foot circumference: 7(8) inches
- Yarn Weight: Super-Bulky (5-6 wpi)
- Yarn: 90 yds super-bulky yarn. If working two socks at one time, separate yarn into two balls of equal yardage.
- Recommended Yarn: 1 skein Malabrigo Rasta
- Needles: 1 pair circular needles, 47" for two-at-a-time, 40-47" for one-at-a-time
- Needle size: US 13 - 9.0 mm or size required to get gauge (2.5 sts/in)
- Notions: Stitch markers, scissors, tapestry needle
- 2.5 sts/in in St st
Recommended Course: August 2022 Toe-Up Socks Knitalong – Free With Purchase!
Recommended Course: Toe-Up, Two-at-a-Time Socks
Knitters who want to knit their first pair of socks have so many options that they get overwhelmed and don't know where to start.
We eliminate that confusion with a no-fail method for perfect-fitting beginner socks and help you discover that confident knitter inside you who is ready to take on new challenges at every turn.
Related Free Knitting Patterns:
Related Blog Post: Everything You Need To Know About The Fleegle HeelBy Liat Gat – Founder / Heels, Socks, Toe-Up Socks / August 24, 2012 / 108 Comments
In December of 2006, a blogger known as Fleegle changed the knitting world when she published a no-holes toe-up heel formula on her blog. Since I discovered the Fleegle Heel, I’ve been making videos showing how to do it, writing patterns that use it, and helping the whole world learn to knit it.Read Post »
Related Blog Post: NEW: Free Super-Bulky Sock Pattern for Magic Loop, Toe-Up or Top-DownBy Liat Gat – Founder / New Patterns, Socks, Toe-Up Socks, Top-Down Socks / December 23, 2011 / 7 Comments
In case you are madly trying to finish Christmas gifts, here is the gift that I fall back on year after year: super-bulky slipper-socks. Knit with one skein of super-bulky yarn, these toe-up socks can be made in about 5 hours.Read Post »
Published July 11, 2018
Last Updated: - Current Version: 3.0