Super-Bulky-Weight Garter-Stitch Scarf
Gauge: 1.5 sts/in in Stockinette stitch
Technique: Free Learn to Knit
Yarn Weight: Super-Bulky (5-6 wpi)
Claim This Plus Every Other Pattern On Knitfreedom.com When You Claim The Offer Below
Already have an account? Log in here.
A scarf that will take you 3 hours or less to knit. Using super-bulky yarn held double on size 35 needles, this will get you a scarf fast. Garter stitch may be for beginners, but your hands will get a workout on size 35 needles!
- Sizes: One size
- Finished Measurements: 4.5 inches wide by 7 feet long
- Yarn Weight: Super-Bulky (5-6 wpi)
- Yarn: 140 yards super-bulky yarn or 280 yards of bulky yarn held double
- Needles: 1 pair straight needles,
- Needle size: US 35 - 20.0 mm or size required to get gauge (1.5 sts/in)
- Notions: Scissors, tapestry needle. Optional: Crochet hook for adding fringe
- 1.5 sts/in in St st
Recommended Course: Learn to Knit
New knitters can pick up bad habits that hold them back later. Build a solid knitting foundation while making a gorgeous fringed scarf for under $20. You will then be able to quickly approach harder projects without getting tripped up.
Related Blog Post: Interview on KUTV2 News This MorningBy Liat Gat – Founder / Interviews with Liat / November 20, 2010 / 9 Comments
KNITFreedom was on the news! I showed KUTV 2News This Morning anchor Mary Nickles how to knit a super-bulky scarf. Here’s the news clip, the scarf pattern, plus: an upcoming exclusive design.Read Post »
Published July 16, 2018
Last Updated: - Current Version: 2.3