Toe-Up Socks – Beginner Magic Loop – Bulky Weight
Here is a free basic beginner pattern for toe-up bulky weight socks, one– or two-at a time, using Magic Loop.
Make a pair of socks in a day! A great gift. This sock pattern takes exactly one skein of Malabrigo Chunky, so you can make a pair of comfy, washable bulky weight socks for about $11.
- Sizes: Small/Medium, Medium/Large
- Finished Measurements: To fit foot circumference: 7(8) inches
- Yarn Weight: Bulky (7 wpi)
- Yarn: 120 yds bulky-weight yarn. If working two bulky weight socks at one time, you’ll need two separate balls of yarn.
- Needles: 1 pair circular needles, 47" for two-at-a-time, 40-47" for one-at-a-time
- Needle size: US 10½ - 6.5 mm or size required to get gauge (3.5 sts/in)
- Notions: Stitch markers, scissors, tapestry needle
- 3.5 sts/in in St st
Recommended Course: August 2022 Toe-Up Socks Knitalong – Free With Purchase!
Recommended Course: Toe-Up, Two-at-a-Time Socks
Knitters who want to knit their first pair of socks have so many options that they get overwhelmed and don't know where to start.
We eliminate that confusion with a no-fail method for perfect-fitting beginner socks and help you discover that confident knitter inside you who is ready to take on new challenges at every turn.
Related Free Knitting Patterns:
Related Blog Post: Everything You Need To Know About The Fleegle HeelBy Liat Gat – Founder / Heels, Socks, Toe-Up Socks / August 24, 2012 / 110 Comments
In December of 2006, a blogger known as Fleegle changed the knitting world when she published a no-holes toe-up heel formula on her blog. Since I discovered the Fleegle Heel, I’ve been making videos showing how to do it, writing patterns that use it, and helping the whole world learn to knit it.Read Post »
Published July 11, 2018
Last Updated: July 10, 2020 - Current Version: 4.1
Update notes: Added "Sl 1" (purlwise) to abbreviations, added link to KnitFreedom pattern page