Bulky Cabled Legwarmers with Buttons – Super-Bulky Weight
Here is a fun and hip legwarmer knitting pattern for you! Now you don’t need UGGs to be cool. Make yourself or a friend a pair of fabulous, cabled, knee-high knitted legwarmers! Finish off with chunky buttons and a twisted-cord tie. This is a charted legwarmer knitting pattern that includes instructions for making the buttonholes, cables, and the twisted-cord ties.
- Sizes: One size
- Finished Measurements: 17 in. long x 15 in. wide
- Yarn Weight: Super-Bulky (5-6 wpi)
- Yarn: 260 yds super-bulky yarn
- Needles: 1 pair straight needles,
- Needle size: US 15 - 10.0 mm or size required to get gauge (2.5 sts/in)
- Notions: 8 1-inch buttons, stitch markers, scissors, tapestry needle, optional: one US size 15 cable needle
- 2.5 sts/in in St st
Shown: Brown legwarmers: 2 skeins Brown Sheep Burly Spun (pictured in BS 04 Charcoal Heather on last page). Brown leg warmer on pattern page made with Brown Sheep Burly Spun BS-07 Sable; White legwarmers: 6 skeins Blue Sky Alpacas Bulky in 1004 White.
Recommended Course: Cable With Confidence
Anyone can knit cables - just cross your stitches according to the chart or pattern. But you'll need the best tips and tricks learn to cable easily and efficiently. In this cabling-for-beginners class, you'll learn to cable with or without a cable needle, follow a cable chart, and fix common and not-so-common cable-knitting mistakes. All while knitting a fashionable pair of super-bulky legwarmers with buttons.
Published July 16, 2018
Last Updated: - Current Version: 3.5