Basic Man Hat for Magic Loop
This basic hat features an extra-wide ribbed brim that folds up double to keep ears warm. The top of the hat has a pronounced decrease pattern that makes the hat look rugged and stylish at the same time.
Another basic hat for practicing Magic Loop, plus a new decrease (S2KP). Plus reading your work... it's a great hat for practice.
- Sizes: One size
- Finished Measurements: 16 inches around unstretched. Hat stretches to fit a head 19-22 inches around. Depth: 7.25 in. (18.5 cm) deep with brim folded up. 10 in. (25 cm) deep with brim unfolded.
- Yarn Weight: Worsted (9 wpi)
- Yarn: 150 yds (140 m) worsted weight yarn.
- Needles: 1 pair circular needles, 40-47"
- Needle size: US 7 - 4.5 mm or size required to get gauge (5 sts/in)
- Notions: Measuring tape, tapestry needle, scissors
- 5 sts/in in St st
Shown: 1 ball Malabrigo Rios in color #43 Plomo
Recommended Course: Magic Loop Knitting
As wonderful and efficient as it is, Magic Loop knitting can be confusing when you try it the first time. There are a lot of tricks you can learn in order to avoid common difficulties and frustrations that you shouldn't have to learn by trial and error.
Our Magic Loop video course gets you comfortable with Magic Loop knitting so that you can easily knit anything in the round on Magic Loop.
Published July 17, 2018
Last Updated: June 11, 2019 - Current Version: 1.3
Update notes: Fixed a typo in the first "s2kp."