Stripes Brigade Mosaic Throw Pillow – Bulky Weight
An easy mosaic throw pillow pattern that is perfect for beginners learning the mosaic knitting technique. If you can knit and purl, you can make this pillow.
Choose a self-striping yarn to add to the number of colors without adding any effort.
- Sizes: One size
- Finished Measurements: 16½(18½, 20½) in. square. Fits an 18(20, 22)-in. pillow insert.
- Yarn Weight: Bulky (7 wpi)
- Yarn: 90(110, 140) yards [80(100, 130) m] in each of two colors of bulky- weight yarn.
- Needles: 1 pair circular needles, 24"
- Needle size: US 10 - 6.0 mm or size required to get gauge (3 sts/in)
- Notions: One 18(20, 22)-in. pillow insert (available at craft stores) or bag of pillow stuffing, Optional: One 20(22,24)-in. zipper (if you want to make it a removable pillow cover), 1 yd. fabric for back of pillow, cut to 16½(18½, 20½) in. square, 1 yd. fabric to line the front of the pillow, cut to 16½(18½, 20½) in. square, Sewing machine or needle and thread or access to a tailer/upholsterer, Measuring tape, tapestry needle, scissors, Recommended: T-pins and blocking mats for blocking
- 3 sts/in in St st
Shown: Sunset-colored pillow: 1 ball each Brown Sheep Lamb’s Pride Bulky (Grey Heather) and Gina Chunky (Slate); Rainbow pillow: 1 ball each Brown Sheep Lamb’s Pride Bulky (Onyx), Gina Chunky (Mermaid)
Recommended Course: Mosaic Knitting
Mosaic knitting is a color-knitting technique that’s perfect for beginners. It requires just knit and purl in order to make stunning one-, two-, or many-color designs.
In this short and easy video guide, I walk you through how to create beautiful color knitting projects without learning harder techniques like Fair-Isle knitting.
Related Blog Post: Tree of Techniques Beginner: A Step-by-Step Roadmap to Knitting SuccessBy Liat Gat – Founder / Beginner Knitting, Tree of Techniques / November 2, 2014 / 16 Comments
All beginning knitters should know 4 basic skills: How to knit and purl, recognize knit and purl stitches, read beginner knitting patterns, and fix beginner mistakes. Here are the videos and patterns you need to get started.Read Post »
Published July 16, 2018