Stripes Brigade Mosaic Throw Pillow – Bulky Weight
An easy mosaic throw pillow pattern that is perfect for beginners learning the mosaic knitting technique. If you can knit and purl, you can make this pillow.
Choose a self-striping yarn to add to the number of colors without adding any effort.
- Sizes: One size
- Finished Measurements: 16½(18½, 20½) in. square. Fits an 18(20, 22)-in. pillow insert.
- Yarn Weight: Bulky (7 wpi)
- Yarn: 90(110, 140) yards [80(100, 130) m] in each of two colors of bulky- weight yarn.
- Needles: 1 pair circular needles, 24"
- Needle size: US 10 - 6.0 mm or size required to get gauge (3 sts/in)
- Notions: One 18(20, 22)-in. pillow insert (available at craft stores) or bag of pillow stuffing, Optional: One 20(22,24)-in. zipper (if you want to make it a removable pillow cover), 1 yd. fabric for back of pillow, cut to 16½(18½, 20½) in. square, 1 yd. fabric to line the front of the pillow, cut to 16½(18½, 20½) in. square, Sewing machine or needle and thread or access to a tailer/upholsterer, Measuring tape, tapestry needle, scissors, Recommended: T-pins and blocking mats for blocking
- 3 sts/in in St st
Shown: Sunset-colored pillow: 1 ball each Brown Sheep Lamb’s Pride Bulky (Grey Heather) and Gina Chunky (Slate); Rainbow pillow: 1 ball each Brown Sheep Lamb’s Pride Bulky (Onyx), Gina Chunky (Mermaid)
Recommended Course: Color Knitting
Without venturing into and mastering the world of color-knitting, you deprive yourself of the ability to knit the word's most striking designs. Patterned two-and-three-color sweaters (called Fair-Isle) are a classic project, and Brioche's stunning stripes are quickly becoming the knitting world's most popular challenge.
In addition, knitting with two and three colors teaches you tension skills that will improve every area of your knitting. Our four color-knitting courses take you from doubting your ability to even hold onto two yarns at once to being a practiced color-knitter ready to take on eye-popping single- and double-sided designs.
Recommended Course: Mosaic Knitting
Mosaic knitting is a color-knitting technique that’s perfect for beginners. It requires just knit and purl in order to make stunning one-, two-, or many-color designs.
In this short and easy video guide, I walk you through how to create beautiful color knitting projects without learning harder techniques like Fair-Isle knitting.
Related Blog Post: Tree of Techniques Beginner: A Step-by-Step Roadmap to Knitting SuccessBy Liat Gat – Founder / Beginner Knitting, Tree of Techniques / November 2, 2014 / 16 Comments
All beginning knitters should know 4 basic skills: How to knit and purl, recognize knit and purl stitches, read beginner knitting patterns, and fix beginner mistakes. Here are the videos and patterns you need to get started.Read Post »
Published July 16, 2018