Stripes Brigade Mosaic Throw Pillow – Bulky Weight
Claim This Plus Every Other Pattern On Knitfreedom.com When You Claim The Offer Below
Already have an account? Log in here.
An easy mosaic throw pillow pattern that is perfect for beginners learning the mosaic knitting technique. If you can knit and purl, you can make this pillow.
Choose a self-striping yarn to add to the number of colors without adding any effort.
- Sizes: One size
- Finished Measurements: 16½(18½, 20½) in. square. Fits an 18(20, 22)-in. pillow insert.
- Yarn Weight: Bulky (7 wpi)
- Yarn: 90(110, 140) yards [80(100, 130) m] in each of two colors of bulky- weight yarn.
- Needles: 1 pair circular needles, 24"
- Needle size: US 10 - 6.0 mm or size required to get gauge (3 sts/in)
- Notions: One 18(20, 22)-in. pillow insert (available at craft stores) or bag of pillow stuffing, Optional: One 20(22,24)-in. zipper (if you want to make it a removable pillow cover), 1 yd. fabric for back of pillow, cut to 16½(18½, 20½) in. square, 1 yd. fabric to line the front of the pillow, cut to 16½(18½, 20½) in. square, Sewing machine or needle and thread or access to a tailer/upholsterer, Measuring tape, tapestry needle, scissors, Recommended: T-pins and blocking mats for blocking
- 3 sts/in in St st
Shown: Sunset-colored pillow: 1 ball each Brown Sheep Lamb’s Pride Bulky (Grey Heather) and Gina Chunky (Slate); Rainbow pillow: 1 ball each Brown Sheep Lamb’s Pride Bulky (Onyx), Gina Chunky (Mermaid)
Recommended Course: Mosaic Knitting
Mosaic knitting is a color-knitting technique that’s perfect for beginners. It requires just knit and purl in order to make stunning one-, two-, or many-color designs.
In this short and easy video guide, I walk you through how to create beautiful color knitting projects without learning harder techniques like Fair-Isle knitting.
Related Blog Post: Tree of Techniques Beginner: A Step-by-Step Roadmap to Knitting SuccessBy Liat Gat – Founder / Beginner Knitting, Tree of Techniques / November 2, 2014 / 21 Comments
All beginning knitters should know 4 basic skills: How to knit and purl, recognize knit and purl stitches, read beginner knitting patterns, and fix beginner mistakes. Here are the videos and patterns you need to get started.Read Post »
Published July 16, 2018
3 thoughts on “Stripes Brigade Mosaic Throw Pillow – Bulky Weight”
Hi, I’ve been wanting to try this pillow for a couple of years. Now I’m ready for my first mosaic adventure. I have a ready made travel pillow that I want to cover. Must I line the knitting if using a ready made pillow? Can I just add a zipper and stuff the pillow in the knitted case?
I’m going to be passing your question along to Liat, but I want to let you know that she is currently on maternity leave (she is expecting her baby very soon) and will be taking up to 1-2 weeks to answer.
Thanks so much for your patience and understanding!
I know we already corresponded about this but just so your question has an answer here on the website, the answer is no you don’t need to line the knitted pillow if you are stuffing it with a ready-made insert.