Double Knit Heart or Checkerboard Scarf – Super-Bulky Weight
Learn to double-knit with this easy charted heart-or-checkerboard scarf pattern. Knit up in a super-bulky wool, the project goes quickly so you can see your progress.
Scarf includes two options for the double-knit design: oversize hearts or a classy checkerboard.
- Sizes: One size
- Finished Measurements: 5 in. wide x 6-7 feet long
- Yarn Weight: Super-Bulky (5-6 wpi)
- Yarn: 120 yards super-bulky yarn in each of two colors
- Needles: 1 pair straight needles,
- Needle size: US 15 - 10.0 mm or size required to get gauge (2.5 sts/in)
- Notions: Scissors, tapestry needle
- 2.5 sts/in in St st
Shown: Purple scarf: 2 balls each Blue Sky Alpacas Bulky in Boysenberry and Jasmine. Brown and pink scarf: 1 ball Brown Sheep Burly Spun in Sable and 2 balls Twinkle Handknits Soft Chunky in Powder.
Recommended Course: Double Knitting
With double knitting, you can make astonishing double-sided designs. The sky's absolutely the limit.
All you have to learn to do is make a stitch of one color on the front and a stitch of the other color on the back, for each stitch on your chart. Understanding how to do this and getting your hands to do it can be a little tricky.
That's why I've created a 19-video step-by-step video course to teach you this super-fun color-knitting technique.
Published July 25, 2018
Last Updated: - Current Version: 1.5