Hand Towel – Rectangular – Worsted Weight
Claim This Plus Every Other Pattern On Knitfreedom.com When You Claim The Offer Below
Already have an account? Log in here.
This towel is so full and fluffy that it’s actually luscious. It’s adapted from the Ubiquitous Dishcloth and will make for a slightly more interesting challenge.
To get the rectangle effect, you start increasing just as with the Ubiquitous Dishcloth. Then, you alternate an increase row with a decrease row until the towel is as long as you want. Then it’s decrease rows all the way home to make the edges come to a point.
Add an optional crocheted edging and loop to hang the towel from.
- Sizes: One size
- Finished Measurements: 14 in (35 cm) wide by 20 in (50 cm) long
- Yarn Weight: Worsted (9 wpi)
- Yarn: 250 yds (230 m) Lily Sugar n’ Cream Stripes or any worsted weight 100% cotton yarn. Optional (for crocheted border): 50 yds. (45 m) above yarn in a contrasting color.
- Needles: 1 pair straight needles,
- Needle size: or size required to get gauge (5 sts/in)
- Notions: Scissors, tapestry needle, Optional (for crocheted border): One crochet hook US size G or H (4.0 or 5.0 mm).
- 5 sts/in in St st
Recommended Course: Fearless Knitter
Knit-and-purl is fine, but greater things await you! Luckily, it is well within your abilities to improve rapidly and start knitting complicated projects.
With 50 videos and eight gorgeous projects carefully and thoroughly leading every step of the way, knitters graduating from this course will be able to read their work, fix mistakes, and even increase and decrease on patterned stitches like seed stitch without a pattern.
Related Free Knitting Patterns:
Published July 16, 2018
2 thoughts on “Hand Towel – Rectangular – Worsted Weight”
Looking forward to joining your group.
Hi Heidi, sorry for the confusion! Once you log in, you will see the download link for the pattern at the top of this page under the photos. I’ve also put the pattern instructions at the bottom of the page (above the comments), so if you are logged in, you will be able to see the pattern instructions right on the screen.
I am working on making it easier for you to get the patterns every day. Please let me know if you have any trouble! Thanks.