Toe-Up Socks – Beginner Magic Loop – Super-Bulky Weight
Published July 11, 2018
Here is a free basic beginner super bulky sock pattern for toe-up socks, one– or two-at a time, using Magic Loop.
You can seriously knit these socks in one day, and one skein of Malabrigo Rasta will just be enough!
- Sizes: Small/Medium, Medium/Large
- Finished Measurements: To fit foot circumference: 7(8) inches
- Yarn: 90 yds super-bulky yarn. If working two socks at one time, separate yarn into two balls of equal yardage.
- Recommended Yarn: 1 skein Malabrigo Rasta
- Needles: 1 pair circular needles, 47" for two-at-a-time, 40-47" for one-at-a-time
- Needle size: US 13 (9.0 mm) or size required to get gauge (2.5 sts/in)
- Notions: Stitch markers, scissors, tapestry needle
- 2.5 sts/in in St st
Recommended Course: Toe-Up, Two-at-a-Time Socks
Toe-up socks are the hippest and most addictive project in knitting right now, and it's easy to see why.
Knitters love making their socks from the toe-up because they can try on as they go, knit two-at-a-time, and there's no heel flap or picking up stitches.
The ideal project for any intermediate knitter to learn, improve, and enjoy.
Related Free Knitting Patterns:
Related Blog Post: Everything You Need To Know About The Fleegle HeelBy Liat Gat – Founder / Heels, Socks, Toe-Up Socks / August 24, 2012 / 108 Comments
In December of 2006, a blogger known as Fleegle changed the knitting world when she published a no-holes toe-up heel formula on her blog. Since I discovered the Fleegle Heel, I’ve been making videos showing how to do it, writing patterns that use it, and helping the whole world learn to knit it.Read Post »
Related Blog Post: NEW: Free Super-Bulky Sock Pattern for Magic Loop, Toe-Up or Top-DownBy Liat Gat – Founder / New Patterns, Socks, Toe-Up Socks, Top-Down Socks / December 23, 2011 / 2 Comments
In case you are madly trying to finish Christmas gifts, here is the gift that I fall back on year after year: super-bulky slipper-socks. Knit with one skein of super-bulky yarn, these toe-up socks can be made in about 5 hours.Read Post »