Two-Color Basic Brioche Hat
This basic Brioche hat is great for learning two-color brioche in the round. It features a no-roll brim that uses the Chinese Waitress Cast-On. The hat is reversible with perfect overlapping decreases at the crown.
- Sizes: One size
- Finished Measurements: Finished size: 8 in. deep, 18 1/2 in. around unstretched. Stretches to fit a head up to 23 in. around.
- Yarn Weight: Aran (8 wpi)
- Yarn: 55 yds. (50 m) aran- or worsted-weight yarn in two colors DC (dark color) and LC (light color).
- Recommended Yarn: 55 yds. (50 m) Malabrigo Twist
- Needles: 2 pairs circular needles, 40-47 inches
- Needle size: US size 7 (4.5 mm) and 5 (3.75 mm)
- Notions: Measuring tape, tapestry needle, scissors
Shown: Blue and Green Hat: Malabrigo Twist in Lettuce (37) (DC) and Teal Feather (412) (DC); Red and Blue Hat: Malabrigo Twist in Stonechat (173) (LC) and Azul Profundo (150) (DC).
Recommended Course: Brioche Knitting
Brioche stitch makes a double-sided fabric that looks similar to ribbing but is easier to do in two colors. Once you know the brioche stitch you can make any knitted garment using it, be it hats, sweaters, scarves, and more.
Anyone can learn to knit one- and two-color brioche with our proven step-by-step video courses. And because Brioche is a little complicated, the simplicity of KnitFreedom's videos really make a difference when you are learning this new technique.
Published December 11, 2018
Last Updated: September 21, 2021 - Current Version: 3.3
Update notes: Added a link to the Brioche class