Top-Down Socks – Beginner Magic Loop – Super-Bulky Weight
Here is a free basic beginner super bulky sock pattern for top-down socks, one– or two-at a time, using Magic Loop. You can seriously knit these socks in one day, and one skein of Malabrigo Rasta will just be enough!
- Sizes: Small/Medium, Medium/Large
- Finished Measurements: To fit foot circumference: 7(8) inches
- Yarn Weight: Super-Bulky (5-6 wpi)
- Yarn: 90 yds super-bulky yarn. If working two socks at one time, separate yarn into two balls of equal yardage.
- Needles: 1 pair circular needles, 47" for two-at-a-time, 40-47" for one-at-a-time
- Needle size: US 13 - 9.0 mm or size required to get gauge (2.5 sts/in)
- Notions: Stitch markers, scissors, tapestry needle
- 2.5 sts/in in St st
Recommended Course: Top-Down Socks, Two-at-a-Time
Knitting two-at-a-time socks is the coolest trend in knitting right now. Never suffer from second-sock syndrome again.
Once you learn the technique of knitting socks on Magic Loop, you'll want to make everything in the round two-at-a-time, whether it's sweater sleeves, socks, or mittens.
Published July 11, 2018