Basic Magic Loop Hat Pattern – Worsted Weight
This basic beginner hat pattern is great for learning Magic Loop. Comes with directions for a fitted or slouchy hat and written for worsted-weight yarn.
- Sizes: Adult
- Finished Measurements: 8½(9½) in. deep x 16 in. around unstretched. Stretches to fit a head 22 in. in diameter.
- Yarn Weight: Worsted (9 wpi)
- Yarn: 150 yds. (140 m) worsted- weight yarn. Aran-weight yarn will work if you can get gauge.
- Needles: 1 pair circular needles, 40-47"
- Needle size: US 7 - 4.5 mm or size required to get gauge (5 sts/in)
- Notions: Scissors, tapestry needle
- 5 sts/in in St st
Shown: Slouchy version. 1 skein Malabrigo Twist in color #28 Blue Surf.
Recommended Course: Magic Loop Knitting
Learn to knit in the round using Beverly Galeskas' incredible invention - The Magic Loop. No more double-pointed needles!
If you want to move beyond scarf-knitting to be able to knit hats, sweaters, mittens, and socks easily and with pleasure, this technique is for you.
Related Blog Post: Free Pattern: Basic Magic Loop HatBy Liat Gat – Founder / Magic Loop, New Patterns, World Travels / August 5, 2011 / 63 Comments
Here is a basic hat pattern that was designed for learning the wonderful technique of Magic Loop. Written for worsted-weight yarn, you can make this soft beanie slouchy or fitted. A perfect first hat.Read Post »
Related Blog Post: Traveling Loop Method For Magic LoopBy Liat Gat – Founder / Magic Loop / March 19, 2011 / 18 Comments
The Traveling Loop method is a modified version of Magic Loop that you can use when working on a large-diameter Magic Loop project. Instead of two loops, you use just one.Read Post »
Published July 11, 2018
Last Updated: June 11, 2019 – Current Version: 2.6
Update notes: Fixed increase round.