Video: K – Knit Stitch – American Style
src in org: https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/DMKYzFt8Xlw?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque
src in mod: https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/DMKYzFt8Xlw?wmode=opaque
src gen org: https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/DMKYzFt8Xlw
In this style (most common for beginners), the yarn is tensioned in the right hand.
Start with your working yarn behind the right-hand needle.
With the yarn tensioned in the fingers of your right hand,
- Insert the right needle into the first stitch on your left-hand needle from the front to the back.
- Cross the needles and pinch them with your left thumb and pointer finger to stabilize them. Don’t drop the yarn from your right hand.
- With your right pointer finger, wrap the yarn counterclockwise around the back of the right-hand needle.
- Use the needle tip to pull the yarn back through the loop on the left needle.
- Let the stitch move off of the left-hand needle and on to the right.