Video: P – Purl Stitch – American Style
In this style (most common for beginners), the yarn is tensioned in the right hand.
- Turn your knitting so that the bumps face you.
- Put the working yarn in front of the right needle.
- Insert the right needle through the stitch from back to front.
- Pinch the needles to hold them steady.
- Wrap the yarn counterclockwise around the right-hand needle.
- PUSH the new loop through the stitch on your left-hand needle.
- Slide the stitch off the left-hand needle and push it down the barrel of the right-hand needle.
The Finished P – Purl Stitch – American Style