Bring Color-Knitting Within Your Reach With Mosaic Knitting
While Mosaic knitting starts out simple, you'll need to know how to keep good tension and catch and fix beginner-to-advanced mistakes in order to knit any Mosaic project out there.
The Perfect Way for Beginners to Learn to Color-Knit
Mosaic knitting is a color-knitting technique that’s perfect for beginners. It requires just knit and purl in order to make stunning one-, two-, or many-color designs.
In this short and easy video guide, I walk you through how to create beautiful color knitting projects without learning harder techniques like Fair-Isle knitting.
Included FREE with KnitFreedom Membership
Skills You Will Learn
- How to start with mosaic knitting for beginners, intermediate, or advanced knitters (including swatches, videos, and my exclusive step-by-step photo collages)
- My tip on how to keep your tension just right so you’ll always end up with a fabric that lays nice and flat
- A quick one-sentence rule that makes remembering where to look while you’re knitting super simple
- Exactly what to do when you make a mistake – you’ll never need to rip out your work or go backwards!
- How to create striped and zig-zag fabric easily with me by your side giving you my friendly expert advice and tips.
- My “twist” on mosaic knitting that allows you to create interesting, complicated looking designs with what you’ve already learned
- The secrets to unraveling mosaic charts (which will enable you to knit any kind of chart with confidence)
- My picks for the perfect yarn for your mosaic projects – you don’t have to go through the trial and error that I did to choose the best supplies for your projects.
To date, 587 happy customers have purchased this Mosaic Knitting class.
About this Class
Fantastic Mosaics Includes:
Simple and effective modules on easy, intermediate, and advanced mosaic knitting – with video, swatches, and photo tutorials for each.
1. Quick Start Guide
Not too tech-savvy? That's okay. In the Quick Start Guide, I'll walk you through how to use this class, whether you're using the video PDF or online class. Need some help getting your videos playing? Our Customer Happiness Expert, Candy, is only an email away.
2. Introduction: What is Mosaic Knitting?
From the origins of mosaic knitting patterns to a walk-through of how you'll learn this technique in my class, you'll know exactly where you're going next and what you'll be learning (this is so important when you're learning something new!).
3. Learn Basic Mosaic Knitting Fast with a Super-Easy Swatch
High definition video with picture-in-picture instructions will give you the exact steps to learn how to make this easy mosaic knitting pattern. At the end of this chapter, you'll have knitted your very first mosaic swatch. Included: High definition video, plus step-by-step photo tutorials with embedded tips so you know exactly what to do next.
4. Three Important Tips for Mosaic Knitting
In this section of the class, you'll learn the three rules of mosaic knitting that will help you advance with confidence. These tips are vital, not just for mosaic knitting patterns, but for any color-knitting project.
5. How to Fix Your Mosaic Knitting Mistakes Easily
What happens when you end up stuck and confused at the end of a row of stitches? Can you find where you deviated from the instructions? I'll show you how to find and fix your mistakes without ripping out your work.
6. Make Complex Mosaic Patterns with the Slip-Stitch Technique
The slip-stitch technique is a way to make even more creative color designs. At the end of this module, you'll have a beautiful zig-zag swatch and you'll be ready to knit the included practice pattern (more on that below).
7. Fixing Mosaic Mistakes Part Two – Advanced
You wouldn't be learning if you didn't make any mistakes, so in this section I show you how to catch and fix common intermediate mosaic-knitting mistakes.
8. Free Mosaic Throw Pillow Pattern - Exclusively In Fantastic Mosaics
Practice what you've learned and challenge yourself more by creating a zig-zag striped mosaic throw pillow that you can match to any decor. Self-striping yarn makes it look much more difficult than it actually is.
9. Recommended Mosaic Knitting Patterns for Every Ability Level
Strike out on your own before you even finish the class by exploring our collection of great patterns to try next. Included: 18 top-pick mosaic knitting patterns for beginner, intermediate, and advanced knitters.
10. Mosaic Knitting Charts - They Don't Have to Be Impossibly Hard Anymore
Mosaic charts have given many a skilled knitter a headache – until now. I teach you the rules and tricks for following mosaic charts without overwhelming you with details. Included: A practice mosaic swatch and chart; a 20-minute step-by-step video showing you every move, and picture-in-picture instructions so you don't lose your place. Also Included: Step-by-step chart notes you can print out and refer to as you knit.
11. Recommended Yarn List and Tips for Buying Yarn for Color-Knitting Projects
Don't waste precious time searching for the right yarn for your next mosaic projects. I've done the work for you and found great self-striping yarns in a variety of weights that will work great for future projects. Included: A quick reference list of links to recommended self-striping yarns in worsted, aran, and bulky weights.
...plus more surprises that you'll have to buy the class to see!
I Can’t Believe How Simple The Process Is
"Not being a particularly adventurous knitter, I’ve never considered attempting mosaic knitting. I just assumed it was hard! You just proved that with a good teacher, and a good video tutorial, most any kind of knitting is doable. I didn’t knit the swatch, but I did watch the video all the way through (knitting in my head), and can’t believe how simple the process is. Again, thank you so much for sharing your time and experience. :-)"
– Renna H.
What Is a KnitFreedom Video Knitting Course?
A KnitFreedom Video Knitting Course is just like an in-person knitting class, but better.
- Clear, distraction-free videos of everything you need to see
- Instructions get right to the point, so there's NO WAITING
- Helpful text, written instructions, and illustrations to refer back to
- Practice projects and tips to help you keep learning
- Troubleshooting: Fix any mistake you might make - taken from REAL, in-person classes
- Tips and tricks: learn the tips to help you knit faster, more easily, and more efficiently
You Get: A Premium Online Video Course
- Online class works on any mobile device, including iPhone, Android, iPad, and Kindle Fire.
- Set your own username and password to access your products at any time
- Private "My Classes" page to track and keep all your classes in one place
- Easily navigate even large classes with navigable sidebar Table of Contents
- Read, watch, and enjoy your classes online from any device, at any hour of the day
Downloadable Videos for Offline Use*
- Download course videos straight to your computer or mobile device
- Enjoy offline video viewing for traveling or slow connections
- Quickly scroll through videos with no buffering
A Reference PDF of the Class*
- Download a reference PDF directly to your computer
- Video placeholders show when to refer to your downloaded videos
- Refer to all the text of the class without accessing the Internet
- Save all your classes to your computer so you have them at your fingertips
- To be used in conjunction with downloaded video files
- An expert knitting lesson and a knitting book in one.
*Not Included with Premium Monthly Subscription
What KnitFreedom Students Say About This Mosaic Knitting Knitting Class:
Not being a particularly adventurous knitter, I’ve never considered attempting mosaic knitting. I just assumed it was hard! You just proved that with a good teacher, and a good video tutorial, most any kind of knitting is doable. I didn’t knit the swatch, but I did watch the video all the way through (knitting in my head), and can’t believe how simple the process is. Again, thank you so much for sharing your time and experience. :-)
– Renna H.
Excellent! The idea of having the written instructions alongside the working video was perfect for me. When I first read of your newest idea, you must realize that it would lead me, and others, to looking up mosaic knitting online. I am totally enthralled with the simplicity of the basic swatch and can imagine so many possibilities. Thank you for bringing mosaic knitting to light and your instructions are always so clear.
– Joan T.
I am a huge fan of Liat and her online knitting courses and videos. I am truly an online learner and now knitter thanks to her. Up until one month ago I knew nothing about knitting, but I had an overwhelming desire to learn how to knit socks.
I bought books, I went to a local knitting store in a city I had visited (I do not have one in my town), I looked at tons of You Tube videos and I immediately feel at ease with Liat. Mind you my books purchases and other attempts to learn I feel were a waste of money and a waste of my time. Liat is an amazing teacher and I have so far made several socks which I am very proud of.
I owe that to her Knitting Superstar course and extra courses I purchased. They are filled with a wealth of knowledge and tips and tricks. I used to be intimidated about knitting as I was so afraid of making a mistake, not anymore as I know how to fix them!
I have progressed so fast in my skills that I decided to buy her Knitting Mosaics Course. After watching it I can truly say I feel absolutely comfortable trying out this new skill. She breaks everything down and demonstrates everything so clearly, you never have a question. I can't say that about anything else I have tried. I am hoping to apply these techniques to my sock knitting, which I am obsessed with.
Speaking as a newbie, I feel I have gained so much through watching her videos and reading her materials. Every course I have viewed is explained so clearly and easily. If you too are looking to build on your skills or wish to gain a better understanding of anything about knitting, I highly recommend her courses. I hope my comments give you comfort in making your decision. I am not connected with her or her company, just a truly pleased customer. Thank you Liat for making learning how to knit so easy and so enjoyable!
– Cheri S.