Learn Fun and Easy Beginner Felted Slippers
A Step-by-Step Video Class
Felting and seaming are two techniques most beginning knitters avoid because they seem scary. Learn how easy they both are on an adorable, instant-gratification project you'll love.
Stitch-by-Stitch Video Instructions Take You By The Hand
These beginner felted slippers are like a little puzzle – you knit a strip of garter-stitch fabric, pick up and knit a few flaps on the sides, and then seam everything up in an origami-like fashion that magically results in two elfish-looking slippers.
Perfect for beginners and fun for advanced knitters, in this 11-video step-by-step course you'll learn to count rows on Garter stitch with complete confidence, pick up and knit, seam with Mattress stitch, and more.Included FREE with KnitFreedom Membership
Skills You Will Learn
In this class, you’ll learn how to:
- Count your garter stitch rows with complete confidence,
- Pick up and knit stitches,
- Seam garter stitch edges along the side edge and along the bind-off/cast-on edge,
- Felt projects in the washer or by hand, and
- Needle-felt decorations onto your felted slippers.
To date, 165 happy customers have purchased this Felted Slippers class.
Practice With a Paper Slipper
Knit in Garter Stitch
Count Rows on Garter Stitch with Complete Confidence
Change Colors Correctly
Count Rows on Subsequent Squares
How to Pick Up and Knit
Mark Your Seams for Success
Seam with Mattress Stitch
Fearlessly Weave in Ends
Fun with Needle Felting
Add Puffy Paint for Non-Slip
What Is a KnitFreedom Video Knitting Course?
A KnitFreedom Video Knitting Course is just like an in-person knitting class, but better.
- Clear, distraction-free videos of everything you need to see
- Instructions get right to the point, so there's NO WAITING
- Helpful text, written instructions, and illustrations to refer back to
- Practice projects and tips to help you keep learning
- Troubleshooting: Fix any mistake you might make - taken from REAL, in-person classes
- Tips and tricks: learn the tips to help you knit faster, more easily, and more efficiently
You Get: A Premium Online Video Course
- Online class works on any mobile device, including iPhone, Android, iPad, and Kindle Fire.
- Set your own username and password to access your products at any time
- Private "My Classes" page to track and keep all your classes in one place
- Easily navigate even large classes with navigable sidebar Table of Contents
- Read, watch, and enjoy your classes online from any device, at any hour of the day
Downloadable Videos for Offline Use*
- Download course videos straight to your computer or mobile device
- Enjoy offline video viewing for traveling or slow connections
- Quickly scroll through videos with no buffering
A Reference PDF of the Class*
- Download a reference PDF directly to your computer
- Video placeholders show when to refer to your downloaded videos
- Refer to all the text of the class without accessing the Internet
- Save all your classes to your computer so you have them at your fingertips
- To be used in conjunction with downloaded video files
- An expert knitting lesson and a knitting book in one.
*Not Included with KnitFreedom Monthly Subscription
What KnitFreedom Students Say About This Felted Slippers Knitting Class:
I love the classes I’ve bought from Liat because they've given me something to do during this interminable downtime of the virus. I can’t go many places, but I’ve learned to knit socks (imagine that!) and learned to knit and felt a pair of slippers that I wear constantly. I love it.
I never thought I’d learn to knit, and now I have. Plus I know I can learn more, since Liat’s videos are so easy to follow, so clear, so calm and always so upbeat. She makes me feel as though it’s impossible to make a mistake that does irreparable damage. If you can’t make a mistake, why not learn to knit too?
I felt so encouraged and SUPPORTED. The KnitFreedom team is superior. I felt comfort when I read your emails, knowing that if I needed help you would be there and respond to emails promptly. THAT encouraged me to continue… I was not judged and that was important to me.
I was, at one point, a skilled knitter and due to carpel tunnel of my dominant hand I stopped knitting for almost a decade. AND if you do not use it, you lose it…. KnitFreedom and the slippers got me hooked again. PLUS Liat's enthusiasm, her support, her involvement, her honesty, and her check ins with the students via email… I enjoyed the class so much that I became a Premium Lifetime member. If I had to give a grade based on 1-10 with ten being the highest… I would give this class and the team at KnitFreedom a 10+.
– Linda Marie B.
I want to tell you how much fun I’ve had with this project right from the start! What a treat to have the schematic to cut out and fold in advance of actually doing this with our knitted slippers. And connecting us to ImagiKnit with an already curated list of appropriate yarns helped me narrow my choices and pick some really interesting colors and textures…
Your instructions and videos are spot on. I’m not fond of seaming but with your detailed tutorials I am confident I can do this. Most of all, I have always received prompt and helpful replies to my messages. Your encouragement and confidence in me carries me through.
– Marla D.
Your videos were so very clear that I had no problem on my own. I really like your slow approach in demonstrating just how to pick up stitches - so I can clearly see the individual stitches and where to put my knitting needle.
A+ on all counts! Learned the mattress stitch AND grew not a small measure of PATIENCE to boot (or should I say ‘slipper’).
– Leah H.
About This Class
These felted slippers were a favorite project of mine when I learned to knit them at the Avalon Eating Disorder Clinic in Utah.
I was inspired to knit them again recently because, even in Mexico, floors get cold in the winter and I wanted something to warm my and my baby’s feet.
Having never forgotten this fun and fast project, I knew it was time to revisit these slippers.