Double-Knitting Made Easy: Double Your Color Skills With This Step-by-Step Video Course
A Step-by-Step Video Class
Two-sided knitting involves specific new knitting techniques. Master double knitting from a chart so that even complex projects are simple.
Double-Knitting Is Finally Easy.
With double knitting, you can make astonishing double-sided designs. The sky's absolutely the limit.
All you have to learn to do is make a stitch of one color on the front and a stitch of the other color on the back, for each stitch on your chart. Understanding how to do this and getting your hands to do it can be a little tricky.
That's why I've created a 19-video step-by-step video course to teach you this super-fun color-knitting technique.Included FREE with KnitFreedom Membership
Skills You Will Learn
- The best way to create an EVEN cast-on
- How to set up your stitches the first time
- How to create a double-knitted fabric
- How to keep your balls of yarn under control!
- Tips for reading and following a chart
- The best way to remember which color to use, and when
- Tricks for creating a smooth edge
- How to double knit really FAST
- How to create a matching bind-off
- How to spot and easily undo and fix mistakes
All this is in addition to the main skill of easily double-knitting from a chart with two colors at once.
- Getting Started
- Pattern Overview/Walkthrough of Finished Piece (Super-Bulky Heart Scarf)
- How to Read a Double-Knitting Chart
- Cast-On and Setup for Double Knitting
- How to Cast On for Double Knitting
- Set-Up Row for Double Knitting (Row 1)
- How to Double Knit – Basic
- How to Double Knit – Plain Stitches (Row 2)
- Practice Double Knitting (Rows 3-4)
- How to Double Knit a Charted Design
- How to Double Knit – Opposite-Color Stitches (Rows 5-6)
- Practice Double-Knitting (Rows 7-8)
- Tips for Success
- How to Keep Your Edges Even
- Keeping Track of Where You Are in the Row
- Keeping Your Yarn From Twisting
- How to Join a New Ball of Yarn
- How to Double-Knit Really Fast
- Fixing Mistakes
- How to Undo Stitches in Double Knitting
- What Happens When You Don't Move Both Yarns
- Fixing a Mistake Several Rows Down by Dropping the Stitch Down
- How to Completely Take Out Multiple Rows
- Bind-Off for Double Knitting
- Weaving in Ends Invisibly on Double Knitting
To date, 803 happy customers have purchased this Double Knitting class.
About this Class
Once you complete this class you'll be able to knit any double-sided chart, like these fun projects:
You can double-knit almost anything you want, as you can see by the astonishing work of KnitFreedom student Deb Dav below. As she told me in a Facebook conversation about her extreme double-knitting designs, “I realized that you can double-knit any pattern, so I tried.”
Videos Included In This Course
What Is a KnitFreedom Video Knitting Course?
A KnitFreedom Video Knitting Course is just like an in-person knitting class, but better.
- Clear, distraction-free videos of everything you need to see
- Instructions get right to the point, so there's NO WAITING
- Helpful text, written instructions, and illustrations to refer back to
- Practice projects and tips to help you keep learning
- Troubleshooting: Fix any mistake you might make - taken from REAL, in-person classes
- Tips and tricks: learn the tips to help you knit faster, more easily, and more efficiently
You Get: A Premium Online Video Course
- Online class works on any mobile device, including iPhone, Android, iPad, and Kindle Fire.
- Set your own username and password to access your products at any time
- Private "My Classes" page to track and keep all your classes in one place
- Easily navigate even large classes with navigable sidebar Table of Contents
- Read, watch, and enjoy your classes online from any device, at any hour of the day
Downloadable Videos for Offline Use*
- Download course videos straight to your computer or mobile device
- Enjoy offline video viewing for traveling or slow connections
- Quickly scroll through videos with no buffering
A Reference PDF of the Class*
- Download a reference PDF directly to your computer
- Video placeholders show when to refer to your downloaded videos
- Refer to all the text of the class without accessing the Internet
- Save all your classes to your computer so you have them at your fingertips
- To be used in conjunction with downloaded video files
- An expert knitting lesson and a knitting book in one.
*Not Included with KnitFreedom Monthly Subscription
What KnitFreedom Students Say About This Double Knitting Knitting Class:
Hi Liat, just wanted to thank you for all the wonderful videos you make available to us. I have learned so much from you, I always look forward to seeing your emails in my inbox! I was having such a hard time learning to double knit, but after watching your video, it was a piece of cake! Again thank you and God bless you!
I recently watched your tutorials on double knitting and they were so helpful and the results (even on my first attempt) are amazing so far. :D
Yay! I love this tutorial. So clear and easy to understand! I’m going to make a double knit scarf for my sister for Christmas now. :D So excited!