Learn to Crochet With Confidence
A Step-by-Step Video Class
Crochet is a fast, fun hobby that's just as addictive as knitting, but learning the abbreviations and understanding how crochet works is tough on your own. We teach you the complete fundamentals of crochet so that you can approach any project with confidence.
Crochet As Confidently As You Knit
Crochet is simple, yet it eludes many knitters who just can't get the hang of it.
In this beginner's class, I break down crochet concepts simply and walk you through fun but effective exercises so you can finally understand how crochet works and crochet just as well as you knit.
Get ready to take on any crochet project with confidence!Included FREE with KnitFreedom Membership
Crochet Can Be Hard to Get Your Head Around
While the movements of crochet are quite easy, and the hook itself ensures you'll always be able to grab the yarn, the details of crochet can be confusing if you've not learned the fundamentals.
"Where do you insert the hook to create the different stitches? and "How do you create even sides on your crochet fabric?" are two definite hangups for first-time crocheters.
Other concepts like turning chains, changing colors, and finishing edge stitches can confuse as well.
In this class we make everything crystal clear so you can feel confident approaching any beginner or intermediate crochet pattern.
Learn the Fundamentals So That Crochet Makes Sense
Our step-by-step class teaches you everything a beginning crocheter needs to know so you don't have to think about a thing.
Quick exercises and cute practice projects help you work the skills along with the videos so you can be sure you're doing everything right.
By the time you've completed the class, you'll have crocheted a comfy striped hat.
Plus, you'll have learned all the important beginner skills, like reading patterns and abbreviations, switching colors, making turning chains, crocheting in the round, counting stitches and rows, fixing mistakes, and more.
I Know How Crochet Can Be Boggling For Knitters
Why try a confusing new craft, when you're already good at knitting?
I'm Liat Gat and I know how frustrating it can be to go back to being a beginner when you're already an accomplished knitter.
With my straightforward videos and exercises, you'll feel the same sense of calm, competence, and creativity with crochet that you do when you're knitting.
Skills You Will Learn
In this class, you will get comfortable with all the crochet fundamentals, plus many intermediate skills, such as how to:
- Choose hooks and yarn
- Make a slipknot and tension your yarn
- Crochet a base chain
- Crochet into the chain
- Understand turning chains
- Work all the basic crochet stitches
- Learn to count stitches and rows
- Make stripes and change yarns
- Hide your yarn tails, and
- Start a circle invisibly with the Magic Ring.
Plus how to...
- Crochet in the round
- Crochet a flower and a granny square
- Check your gauge on crochet
- Crochet a hat
- Increase and decrease
- Crochet a flat circle
- Fix mistakes on crochet
- Seam up knitting with crochet
- Add crochet borders
- Weave in ends on crochet
Plus even more extras like...
- Left-handed videos
- Animated crochet dictionary
- British crochet equivalents
- and more!
To see for yourself what's included in this class, take a peek inside the class here. You'll be able to read all the text but not watch the videos.
Extras to Help You Win!
This is the class that will help YOU find success as a crocheter, and it includes several student-requested features, such as:
1. Left-Handed (Mirror-Image) Videos
Left-handers are no longer left out in the cold! Mirror-image versions of all 20 high-definition crochet videos are available alongside the right-handed versions.
2. Animated Quick-Reference Dictionary
Use our quick-reference dictionary to help you crochet any pattern.
Click an abbreviation in the dictionary and it will pull up a summary of how to do the steps, plus an animated GIF showing an overview of the technique.
Example: Triple Crochet
3. British Equivalents
British and American crochet patterns have different terms for the same stitch. We've included quick access to a handy table listing both British and American stitch names and abbreviations.
4. Patterns for Practice and Books for Inspiration
We wouldn't send you off into the crochet world without patterns for practice! We include 12 beautiful and inspiring BEGINNNER crochet patterns for you to crochet right away, plus six recommended books on crochet stitches and history.
Next SC Row
Examine SC Row
Check Your Gauge
Increasing on Crochet
Decreasing on Crochet
Fixing Mistakes on Crochet
Seaming With Crochet
Weaving in Ends on Crochet
What Is a KnitFreedom Video Knitting Course?
A KnitFreedom Video Knitting Course is just like an in-person knitting class, but better.
- Clear, distraction-free videos of everything you need to see
- Instructions get right to the point, so there's NO WAITING
- Helpful text, written instructions, and illustrations to refer back to
- Practice projects and tips to help you keep learning
- Troubleshooting: Fix any mistake you might make - taken from REAL, in-person classes
- Tips and tricks: learn the tips to help you knit faster, more easily, and more efficiently
You Get: A Premium Online Video Course
- Online class works on any mobile device, including iPhone, Android, iPad, and Kindle Fire.
- Set your own username and password to access your products at any time
- Private "My Classes" page to track and keep all your classes in one place
- Easily navigate even large classes with navigable sidebar Table of Contents
- Read, watch, and enjoy your classes online from any device, at any hour of the day
Downloadable Videos for Offline Use*
- Download course videos straight to your computer or mobile device
- Enjoy offline video viewing for traveling or slow connections
- Quickly scroll through videos with no buffering
A Reference PDF of the Class*
- Download a reference PDF directly to your computer
- Video placeholders show when to refer to your downloaded videos
- Refer to all the text of the class without accessing the Internet
- Save all your classes to your computer so you have them at your fingertips
- To be used in conjunction with downloaded video files
- An expert knitting lesson and a knitting book in one.
*Not Included with KnitFreedom Monthly Subscription