UPDATE: CLASS ON HOLD
This Lace class was put on hold when Liat took time off due to a family emergency in 2016. We have not re-started this class as of yet.
Who Is This Class For?
This class is for you if:
- You want to learn how to knit lace
- You want to get better at knitting lace
- You’ve never tried lace knitting before and you don’t know where to start
- Lace knitting intimidates you
- You like lace but you are afraid you’ll mess up on harder projects
- You’ve tried lace and gotten stuck, frustrated or confused
- You want to learn how to read lace patterns or charts (grids with symbols that show the instructions).
- You get confused on lace charts and can’t remember the abbreviations and symbols.
- You want to learn how to fix mistakes in your lace knitting.
- You need need help doing all the different lace stitches.
What You Will Learn In This Class
You’ll learn how to:
- Make the basic lace stitches
- Read easy and intermediate lace patterns (written instructions)
- Undo your knitting and fix mistakes on lace
- Pick up dropped stitches and put them back correctly
- Put in a “lifeline” (a strand of yarn that keeps your stitches safe) so you don’t have to worry about messing up.
- Be able to “read” your work (know where you’ve gotten to in the pattern by looking at your knitting)
- Make projects using a simple lace chart (grid of symbols)
- Choose the right yarn and needles for your lace projects
- Find easy and intermediate lace projects to work on
- Knit with thin yarn and pointy needles
No matter how much experience you have, you’re going to finish this class feeling confident and ready to knit lace.
Other Resources You Get In This Class
- Video demos of the 10 most common lace stitches
- Links to other projects to practice at each step of the way
If you don’t have a free subcription to KnitFreedom, subscribe now for free to get an email when this class comes out. If you are a member, log in here.