The Invisible Ribbed Bind-Off for 1×1 Rib is an intermediate stretchy invisible bind-off good for toe-up socks. It uses a tapestry needle to create an invisible ribbed edge. Step-by-step illustration included.
Video: Invisible Ribbed Bind-Off for 1×1 Rib – BlogARVE Error: src mismatch
src in: https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/23uJSGokBDA?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque
src gen: https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/23uJSGokBDAActual comparison
src in: https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/23uJSGokBDA?wmode=opaque
src gen: https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/23uJSGokBDA
This is a stretchy bind-off that is great for binding off on toe-up socks.
To do the invisible ribbed bind-off, cut a long tail of at least 6 times the circumference of the project you want to bind off. Thread the tail on a tapestry needle.
– go purlwise into stitch 1 (the stitch closest to the needle-tip)
– go knitwise FROM THE BACK into stitch 2.
Identify stitches 1, 2, 3, and 4. These labels do not change until you finish the repeat.
1) go knitwise into stitch 1, remove stitch from needle
2) go purlwise into stitch 3
3) go purlwise into stitch 2, remove stitch from needle
4) go knitwise FROM THE BACK into stitch 4
An easy mantra to repeat:
1) knit off purl,
2) purl off knit