Washcloth – Embellished Chenille – Worsted Weight
Published July 16, 2018
A super-soft washcloth with an optional crocheted embellishment or monogram.
- Sizes: One size
- Finished Measurements: About 10 inches (25 cm) square
- Yarn: 100 yds (92 m) 1 ball in each of two colors of dk, worsted, or aran weight cotton chenille. Recommended: Crystal Palace Cotton Chenille yarn. If you are not going to do a contrasting-color embellishment or crocheted edging, you only need one color of yarn.
- Needles: 1 pair straight needles,
- Needle size: US 7 - 4.5 mm
- Notions: Scissors, tapestry needle, Optional (for embellishment/edging): Crochet hook US size G or H (4.0 or 5.0 mm).
Shown: Turquoise washcloth: 1 ball Rowan Chenille in color #757 Storm; white washcloth: #762 Winter White.
Recommended Course: Fearless Knitter
Knit-and-purl is fine, but greater things await you! Luckily, it is well within your abilities to improve rapidly and start knitting complicated projects.
Learn to cast on, purl, rib, choose yarn, fix mistakes, read your work, read patterns, increase, decrease, slip stitches, and more in this fundamental course for beginning knitters.