Here is a free basic beginner pattern for toe-up bulky weight socks, one– or two-at a time, using Magic Loop. Make a pair of socks in a day! A great gift. This sock pattern takes exactly one skein of Malabrigo Chunky, so you can make a pair of comfy, washable bulky weight socks for about $11.
- Sizes: Small/Medium, Medium/Large
- Finished Measurements: To fit foot circumference: 7(8) inches
- Yarn: 120 yds bulky-weight yarn. If working two bulky weight socks at one time, you’ll need two separate balls of yarn.
- Needles: 1 pair circular needles, 47" for two-at-a-time, 40-47" for one-at-a-time
- Needle size: US 10½ (6.5 mm) or size required to get gauge (3.5 sts/in)
- Notions: Stitch markers, scissors, tapestry needle
- 3.5 sts/in in St st