“Palm Springs” Feather and Fan Lace Scarf – Sport Weight
This is a sport-weight scarf with a four-row lace repeat.
Actually, only one of those rows is a pattern row, which makes this a great lace scarf pattern for beginners.
Learn to do lace AND catch and fix all common beginner lace mistakes - I supply 4 free videos to help you learn.
Although I wouldn't recommend knitting the scarf inside a movie theater, this pattern and the accompanying free videos will get you comfortable with Feather-and-Fan (Old Shale) lace.
- Sizes: One size
- Finished Measurements: 7.5 inches (19 cm) wide x 8.5 feet (2.5 m) long or whatever length you prefer
- Yarn Weight: Sport (12 wpi)
- Yarn: 400-600 yds (360-550 m) of any sport-weight summer yarn (cotton, linen, or silk, or a blend of any of those).
- Needles: 1 pair straight needles,
- Needle size: US 5 - 3.75 mm or size required to get gauge (5 sts/in)
- Notions: Scissors, tapestry needle
- 5 sts/in in St st
Shown: 2 skeins of Misti Alpaca Tonos Pima Silk in “Berry Rich”
Video Tutorials for This Pattern
Related Blog Post: Tree of Techniques Beginner: A Step-by-Step Roadmap to Knitting SuccessBy Liat Gat - Founder / Beginner Knitting, Tree of Techniques / November 2, 2014 / 16 Comments
All beginning knitters should know 4 basic skills: How to knit and purl, recognize knit and purl stitches, read beginner knitting patterns, and fix beginner mistakes. Here are the videos and patterns you need to get started.Read Post »
Published July 11, 2018