Mittens – Basic With a Perfect Thumb – Bulky-Weight
Published July 16, 2018
An easy chunky mitten pattern written for Magic Loop – featuring the World’s Best Mitten Thumb and a twisted-rib cuff. Perfect pattern for learning to knit mittens on Magic Loop, one- or two-at-a-time.
- Sizes: Small, Medium, Large
- Finished Measurements: Fits a hand 7 ½ (8, 8 ½) inches around the palm of the hand (right above where the thumb branches off) and 6 ¾ (7 ¼, 7¾) inches long from base of hand to tip of middle finger
- Yarn: 100 yards bulky-weight yarn
- Needles: 1 pair circular needles, 47" for two-at-a-time, 40-47" for one-at-a-time
- Needle size: US 9 - 5.5 mm or size required to get gauge (3 sts/in)
- Notions: Stitch markers, scissors, tapestry needle, waste yarn
- 3 sts/in in St st
Recommended Course: Two-at-a-Time Mittens
Mittens are fast project that you can often do with one skein of yarn. And you'll be surprised at how easy it is to knit them two-at-a-time.
Learn to knit a pair of mittens two-at-a-time on Magic Loop - no previous Magic Loop experience required. This guide takes you step-by-step through everything you need to know to succeed.
Related Blog Post: How To Knit The Ultimate Mitten Thumb, & Two New Free Mitten PatternsBy Liat Gat – Founder / Mittens, New Patterns, World Travels / July 7, 2012 / 64 Comments
Ever since I designed my first pair of mittens, I’ve tried to achieve the perfect mitten thumb. The key is picking up extra stitches around the thumb and then decreasing quickly. The included video tutorial shows you how.Read Post »