Basic Magic Loop Hat Pattern – Worsted Weight
This basic beginner hat pattern is great for learning Magic Loop. Comes with directions for a fitted or slouchy hat and written for worsted-weight yarn.
- Sizes: Adult
- Finished Measurements: 8½(9½) in. deep x 16 in. around unstretched. Stretches to fit a head 22 in. in diameter.
- Yarn Weight: Worsted (9 wpi)
- Yarn: 150 yds. (140 m) worsted- weight yarn. Aran-weight yarn will work if you can get gauge.
- Needles: 1 pair circular needles, 40-47"
- Needle size: US 7 - 4.5 mm or size required to get gauge (5 sts/in)
- Notions: Scissors, tapestry needle
- 5 sts/in in St st
Shown: Slouchy version. 1 skein Malabrigo Twist in color #28 Blue Surf.
Recommended Course: Magic Loop Knitting
As wonderful and efficient as it is, Magic Loop knitting can be confusing when you try it the first time. There are a lot of tricks you can learn in order to avoid common difficulties and frustrations that you shouldn't have to learn by trial and error.
Our Magic Loop video course gets you comfortable with Magic Loop knitting so that you can easily knit anything in the round on Magic Loop.
Related Blog Post: Free Pattern: Basic Magic Loop HatBy Liat Gat – Founder / Magic Loop, New Patterns, World Travels / August 5, 2011 / 63 Comments
Here is a basic hat pattern that was designed for learning the wonderful technique of Magic Loop. Written for worsted-weight yarn, you can make this soft beanie slouchy or fitted. A perfect first hat.Read Post »
Related Blog Post: Traveling Loop Method For Magic LoopBy Liat Gat – Founder / Magic Loop / March 19, 2011 / 18 Comments
The Traveling Loop method is a modified version of Magic Loop that you can use when working on a large-diameter Magic Loop project. Instead of two loops, you use just one.Read Post »
Published July 11, 2018
Last Updated: June 11, 2019 - Current Version: 2.6
Update notes: Fixed increase round.