The Aspen Ice Hat is a fast and easy knit hat for one skein of extra bulky or thick-and-thin yarn. It features a wide garter-stitch brim and an easy openwork body that spirals to a generous pompom at the tip. The hat is knit in the round using handspun, bulky, or thick-and-thin yarn. Tip: You can hold two strands of yarn together if your yarn isn’t thick enough. Includes instructions for knitting in the round on Magic Loop.
- Sizes: Small, Medium, Large
- Finished Measurements: 20 (21, 22) in. in circumference. Fits a head 21 (22, 23) in. around.
- Yarn: 100 yards of super bulky thick-and-thin or handspan yarn, such as Mango Moon Dreadlocks
- Needles: 1 pair circular needles, 40-47"
- Needle size: US 15 (10.0 mm) or size required to get gauge (2.5 sts/in)
- Notions: Scissors, tapestry needle
- 2.5 sts/in in St st
Shown: 1 skein Magnolia Handspun. Can also use Mango Moon Dreadlocks