Hat – Basic Man Hat for Magic Loop – Worsted Weight
Published July 17, 2018
Last Updated: June 11, 2019 - Current Version: 1.2
Update notes: Fixed increase round.
This basic hat features an extra-wide ribbed brim that folds up double to keep ears warm. The top of the hat has a pronounced decrease pattern that makes the hat look rugged and stylish at the same time.
Another basic hat for practicing Magic Loop, plus a new decrease (S2KP). Plus reading your work... it's a great hat for practice.
- Sizes: One size
- Finished Measurements: 16 inches around unstretched. Hat stretches to fit a head 19-22 inches around. Depth: 7.25 in. (18.5 cm) deep with brim folded up. 10 in. (25 cm) deep with brim unfolded.
- Yarn: 150 yds (140 m) worsted weight yarn.
- Needles: 1 pair circular needles, 40-47"
- Needle size: US 7 - 4.5 mm or size required to get gauge (5 sts/in)
- Notions: Measuring tape, tapestry needle, scissors
- 5 sts/in in St st
Shown: 1 ball Malabrigo Rios in color #43 Plomo
Recommended Course: Magic Loop Knitting
Learn to knit in the round using Beverly Galeskas' incredible invention - The Magic Loop. No more double-pointed needles!
If you want to move beyond scarf-knitting to be able to knit hats, sweaters, mittens, and socks easily and with pleasure, this technique is for you.