Double Knit Heart or Checkerboard Scarf – Super-Bulky Weight
Published July 25, 2018
Learn to double-knit with this easy charted heart-or-checkerboard scarf pattern. Knit up in a super-bulky wool, the project goes quickly so you can see your progress.
Scarf includes two options for the double-knit design: oversize hearts or a classy checkerboard.
- Sizes: One size
- Finished Measurements: 5 in. wide x 6-7 feet long
- Yarn: 120 yards super-bulky yarn in each of two colors
- Needles: 1 pair straight needles,
- Needle size: US 15 (10.0 mm) or size required to get gauge (2.5 sts/in)
- Notions: Scissors, tapestry needle
- 2.5 sts/in in St st
Shown: Purple scarf: 2 balls each Blue Sky Alpacas Bulky in Boysenberry and Jasmine. Brown and pink scarf: 1 ball Brown Sheep Burly Spun in Sable and 2 balls Twinkle Handknits Soft Chunky in Powder.
Recommended Course: Double Knitting
Learn to create double-knit color designs on your favorite garments. With these tricks, you’ll be amazed at what you create!