This Fair-Isle felted bag pattern is an easy pattern for learning two-color knitting. Felt the bag in the washer to make a soft and sturdy purse or knitting project bag. Options: You can knit the bag handles and attachment loops, or buy leather or plastic purse handles for a dressier look.
- Sizes: One size
- Finished Measurements: After felting, the bag will be approximately 9 inches (23 cm) long by 7 inches (18 cm) wide by 10 inches (25 cm) tall.
- Yarn: Approximately 170 yards each of 2 colors chunky weight yarn (referred to as col A and col B in pattern).
- Needles: 1 pair circular needles, straight needles, 24-inch-long
- Needle size: US 11 (8.0mm) or size required to get gauge (3.5 sts/in)
- Notions: Stitch marker, tapestry needle. Optional: 4 metal rings for handle attachment, 4 metal feet.
- 3.5 sts/in in St st
This was my first felted and Fair-Isle project. I felted it too much but I believe it still turned out good for my first one. My sister loved it for her birthday present. I’m making another one for my daughter and myself. Thank you Liat Gat for your Ebooks. I have learned so much. :)
– kbatten67 on Ravelry