“Aspen Ice” Super Bulky Lace Hat
Published July 11, 2018
The Aspen Ice Hat is a fast and easy knit hat for one skein of extra bulky or thick-and-thin yarn. It features a wide garter-stitch brim and an easy openwork body that spirals to a generous pompom at the tip. The hat is knit in the round using handspun, bulky, or thick-and-thin yarn. Tip: You can hold two strands of yarn together if your yarn isn’t thick enough. Includes instructions for knitting in the round on Magic Loop.
- Sizes: Small, Medium, Large
- Finished Measurements: 20 (21, 22) in. in circumference. Fits a head 21 (22, 23) in. around.
- Yarn: 100 yards of super bulky thick-and-thin or handspan yarn, such as Mango Moon Dreadlocks
- Needles: 1 pair circular needles, 40-47"
- Needle size: US 15 - 10.0 mm or size required to get gauge (2.5 sts/in)
- Notions: Scissors, tapestry needle
- 2.5 sts/in in St st
Shown: 1 skein Magnolia Handspun. Can also use Mango Moon Dreadlocks
Related Blog Post: Download The Aspen Ice Hat Pattern And Enter To Win Magnolia Handspun YarnBy Liat Gat - Founder / Lace, News / March 3, 2012 / 219 Comments
The Magnolia Handspun giveaway is over, but you can still knit this gorgeous, chunky, winter hat worthy of the Aspen slopes. Designed by Camille Emond of Magnolia Handspun yarn, this free lace hat pattern is perfect for bulky handspun yarn.Read Post »