Peek Inside The Felted Slippers Class
Thank you so much for your great comments on our "Felted Slippers Class Coming Soon!" blog post.
I was so happy many of you said that felted slippers sounds like a perfect project for you at this time.
What I heard from readers:
"Count me in! Your classes are the best." (aw, shucks) :)
"I'd love to do a knitalong! I missed the last one and I'm ready to go this time."
"Of course I want to do a knitalong! I did the Toe-Up Socks knitalong and had a great time."
"I've been looking for a perfect project like this for the holidays."
"I was thinking of making felted slippers and hadn't got around to it!"
"I have felted before and it's always been by accident! I would love to do it on purpose."
These are such great comments that I got fired up to plan a knitalong and other good suprises with our new Knitting Expert, Mary Claire.
- The class will be $24.99 or included free with Premium (no discounts but...)
- The knitalong will be FREE if you buy the class during our launch week (you'll just click to sign up if you already have Premium)
- We will get you info on yarn and supplies ASAP (see further down in this post)
- The knitalong will run from October 31st to November 30th
We also agreed:
- This is a great project for beginners as you will learn so many valuable skills
- Felted slippers are good for your soul! (Stay tuned for Mary Claire's upcoming blog post on the subject)
- The class is a great value and the free knitalong is exactly what people need right now
- There are tons of great tips and fun pieces to this class even though the slippers are REALLY EASY.
To get you your info about yarn STAT (fun fact: short for Latin "Statim:" at once, immediately):
- I'm going to tell you right here in this post what yarn you'll need
- I'm going to link to our free pattern so you can look over all the materials
- I'm going to let you see INSIDE THE CLASS so you can get yarn recommendations. You'll need to wait for launch day to get a 15% discount code at Imagiknit for yarn for this project
- I'll continue to send out (the same) info on yarn/materials and we'll be answering everyone's questions on the blog as usual
Even if you don't open a single email until launch day (early next week), you'll STILL HAVE TIME (a week and a half) to order yarn before we actually start knitting. The "let's knit!" portion of the knitalong doesn't start until Wednesday, November 11th.
Yarn You'll Need:
Our felted slippers pattern calls for:
Sizes: Baby (Toddler, Child, Adult Small, Adult Large)
Yarn: 45 (65, 90, 165, 220) yds 100% wool DK-weight yarn in two or three (or more) colors. Yardage is for TOTAL yarn for the pair of slippers.
The yardage you need for each color will vary depending on how many blocks (there are 8 total) you knit with each color. You can plan on 6 (9, 12, 22, 28) yards per color block.
Recommended Yarns and Coupon Code
DK yarn is a bit thinner than worsted-weight yarn. You’ll need to use 100% wool so that the slippers felt correctly.
Here are some suggestions you will love for yarn for these slippers.
Yarn shown in the slippers in this project is Walkabout.
You'll need one pair of US size 10 (6.0 mm) straight or circular needles. This is much larger than what you would use normally for knitting with such thin yarn, but it's correct. For felting, we want the stitches to be relatively large and loose so that the fabric can then felt up nicely.
Last thing I want to share with you in this long blog post -- Why I'm excited about this knitalong!
- I'm happy to connect with our students again and feel the great vibes we get when we're all working on the same project together
- I want to see beginner knitters (and advanced too) learning these new skills and doing something you haven't done before, in the safe space that is KnitFreedom.
Leave a Comment
What are your goals for the knitalong? What do you hope to accomplish? And if anything -- What do you think might hold you back? Let me know in the comments!
I look forward to hearing from you!
Related Blog Posts by Category
Free Knitting Patterns Mentioned in this Post:
Related Course: Easy Norwegian Felted SlippersStitch-by-Stitch Video Instructions Take You By The Hand
These beginner felted slippers are like a little puzzle – you knit a strip of garter-stitch fabric, pick up and knit a few flaps on the sides, and then seam everything up in an origami-like fashion that magically results in two elfish-looking slippers.
Perfect for beginners and fun for advanced knitters, in this 11-video step-by-step course you'll learn to count rows on Garter stitch with complete confidence, pick up and knit, seam with Mattress stitch, and more.