It’s called “Easy Norwegian Felted Slippers,” and although it’s the perfect class for beginning knitters, even advanced knitters will enjoy knitting along with me in these 11 videos.
In this class, you will knit an adorable pair of felted slippers for a loved one in your life (even better if that’s YOU!). You’ll be knitting along with Midnattsol’s classic felted slippers pattern, with a few tips and upgrades from me.
Two easy-to-knit garter-stitch strips fold up magically like origami and in a few easy seams, you have a pair of adorable, elfish-looking slippers.
The Background Behind These Slippers
These felted slippers were a favorite project of mine when I learned to knit them at the Avalon Eating Disorder Clinic in Utah.
I was inspired to knit them again recently because, even in Mexico, floors get cold in the winter and I wanted something to warm my and my baby’s feet.
Having never forgotten this fun and fast project, I knew it was time to revisit these slippers.
Skills You’ll Learn
In this class, you’ll learn how to:
- Count your garter stitch rows with complete confidence,
- Pick up and knit stitches,
- Seam garter stitch edges along the side edge and along the bind-off/cast-on edge with Mattress stitch,
- Felt projects in the washer or by hand, and
- Needle-felt fun decorations onto your felted slippers.
- An adorable pair of felted slippers to wear or gift,
- A fun, fast project that can help you use up leftover skeins of yarn,
- The joy of working along with me and other KnitFreedom knitters on a really darling project.
Your Opinion – Are You Excited?
I’ll be making this slippers class available very soon, but I’d love to know – is this something you’re excited about?
Also, would you like to participate in a knitalong for these slippers?
I’m so looking forward to knitting along with you very soon.