Download The Aspen Ice Hat Pattern And Enter To Win Magnolia Handspun Yarn
Be An Ice-Cold Stunner in This Hot Handspun Hat Pattern
In Aspen you MUST be beautiful, and nothing says "I happen to be the coolest person here" like this chunky handspun hat pattern. Only you can't buy this hat at Prada. You can only make it.
I designed the Aspen Ice Hat to capture the Bohemian, cooler-than-cool Aspen look that is so IN this winter. And people have been stopping me everywhere I go to tell me they love it.
As a special challenge, I designed the hat for handspun yarn.
The Aspen Ice Hat is an Easy Pattern for Handspun Yarn
The repeating lace pattern makes a spiral that looks fantastic with a lot of different of textures, colors and thicknesses.
The best thing is that this is a fast and easy knit hat pattern, which means you can make it as a present for your friend (maybe with some of that yarn they brought you back from a trip that you had no idea what to do with).
Looking For the Hat Pattern from Magnolia Handspun That Matches the Aspen Ice Cowl? This Is It.
Last year I published the Aspen Ice cowl, the first of my exclusive patterns for Magnolia Handspun.
Camilla, the owner and spinner of Magnolia Handspun, knit a chunky, slouchy hat to go with the cowl and published this photo.
Since then, we've been getting so many requests for "the hat that goes with the Aspen Ice cowl" that I decided to re-create the hat and publish the hat pattern so you could have it.
Download the Aspen Ice Hat Pattern Here
Win the Magnolia Handspun Yarn to Knit This Chunky Hat
Camilla is giving away two skeins of her gorgeous handspun yarn to one lucky reader!
The winner will get two skeins of "Delphinium" (shown above) - that's 128 yards of handspun and hand-dyed yarn at a value of $58.
Here's how to win:
Do at least one (preferably many) of the following:
- Add Magnolia Handspun or Twist and Twine to your Etsy favorites
- Buy some yarn - you need 100 yards for this hat
- Go to Camilla's blog, Free Range Chik
- Help her out by suggesting a fun yarn name in the comments.
- Post a link to this post on your website or blog.
- Share this post on Facebook or Twitter (links below)
Then... come back here and post in the comments and tell me what you did, and you'll be entered into the random drawing.
Contest ends Monday night at midnight EST. Get your comment in before the deadline to enter! Watch your email this Tuesday for the announcement of the lucky winner.
What To Do Next:
• Click to download the free Aspen Ice hat pattern here
• Leave us a comment and suggest a great yarn for this handspun hat pattern
• Fave and add the Aspen Ice Hat to your queue on Ravelry
• Post a yarn name idea on Free Range Chik, and... (of course)
• Tweet and share this post with your friends.
- To knit this hat you'll need to know how to knit in the round
- For more free hat patterns try the Basic Magic Loop Hat Pattern
- Knit the matching scarf pattern: Aspen Ice cowl